Admission & selection
GLOBED is designed to offer a scientific and theory-oriented study programme on high academic level with a strong emphasis on project work intended to highly motivated graduates, who already successfully completed a first cycle degree.
A Bachelor’s degree tite on Educational Sciences or in any other relevant field (preferably in Sociology, Social/Cultural Anthropology, Political Sciences, Human Geography and International Relations).
The degree programme should last a minimum of three years and correspond to 180 ECTS.
A minimum grade average of 7/10 (or equivalent of C), or GPA of 2.75/4.
High English language proficiency to be demonstrated through Secure English Language Test (SELT) result at the required levels.
*Please check proficiency waivers.
- Copy of a valid passport.
- An up-to-date Europass CV, presenting the skills and qualifications of the candidates in a clear way.
- Certified copies of diplomas ans transcripts in the original language as well as certifies English translations detailing subjectes studied (ECTS or hours), grade per subject and overall grade.
Proficiency in English may be certified by one of the following SELT:
- TOEFL: score of at least 577 (paper-based test) or 90 with a writing score at least 24 in the writing section (internet-based test).
- Cambridge Proficiency Examination Advanced Certificate: at least pass at grade C or better.
- IELTS: at least 7.0 with a minimum of 6.0 in each element and 7.5 in the writing section.
Interest in GLOBED
- A letter of motivation explaining your background and reasons for aplying to the programme (maximum one page).
- Recommender details. Students must submit a letter with the contact details (full name, position and e-mail) of two faculty members or job supervisors whom GLOBED may contact at any time.
- A short essay on a topic proposed by the Academic Board.
Extra documentation required only for Erasmus+ Scholarchip applicants
- For all students: A declaration of no previous EMMC grant or no parallel EU funding.
- Only for Partner country students: A declaration stating that you have not lived and carried out main activities (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in a Programme Country.
Selection process calendar
For scholarship students
For self funding students